Standard Returns Policy
We will only accept returns of faulty units that are confirmed to be faulty by inspection at an approved fitment centre
Repair, removal, or replacement will only be done by the distributor or an approved fitment centre.
1. Order Discrepancy
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, you will need to follow the process set out in section 2 below. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
2. Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery / collection, please notify us within 7 days of such delivery / collection by logging a return on the Website.
We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible/ we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
3. Defective products
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality, and in good working order and without defects.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section 3;
- Faults resulting from normal wear and tear
- Damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product
- Damage arising from corrosive environment
- Damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product.
- Where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you
4. Standard Warranty
Securi-Lid (Pty) Ltd warrants that the unit operated under normal use will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year following the original purchase, subject to the following requirements, exclusions, and limitations
- The obligation in terms of this warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing any part or parts, which in the opinion of Securi-Lid (Pty) Ltd, are defective in materials or workmanship under normal use and service during the warranty period commencing on the date of the first retail purchase.
- The warranty does not apply if the unit has been subject to negligence, accident, abuse, misuse, improper maintenance, or has been repaired or altered by someone other than Securi-Lid (Pty) Ltd, it’s authorised agents or approved fitment centres.
- In order to validate this warranty, your purchase must be registered online on the website www.securi-lid.co.za , no later than seven days following the purchase of the unit.
- Any defect must be reported to the regional distributor (listed on the website of Securi-Lid (Pty) Ltd) forthwith, but in any event no later than ten days after the defect arose. The regional distributor will make arrangements for the unit to be inspected. If the inspection reveals that the unit is not defective or the warranty is excluded, you will be liable for the costs of the inspection.
- Insofar as the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 may be applicable, the provisions of this Act shall prevail over the terms and conditions of this warranty
5. Charges and refunds
If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) refuse the return, or only to replace the item that you did return; or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item only.
If you return a product that does not comply with this Policy, you may be liable to reimburse Securi-Lid for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
There is no handling fee for orders cancelled within 24hr and a 2.5% handing fee for orders cancelled after 24hr.
Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, payment by Instant EFT or COD (cash on delivery) will be refunded to your nominated bank account.